Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2014

How I survive tv nights, rainy afternoons, and the time in between.


Jil wrote another "healthy food - post" for you, while I'm on the road:
enjoy!

Joanna




Every now and again there are those moments when you’d love to have dessert, prepared in a quick and uncomplicated way, not tasting of “substitute”, but giving you total deliciousness.

Because the recent recipes required a little more time and maybe effort, I give you an especially simple quick tip today. A healthy chocolate pudding/mousse/something in between. 
Main ingredient: avocado. 
And yes, the sweet part will follow.

After having accidentally found, tested and slightly modified this recipe, I eat this mousse virtually e v e r y d a y. 
I’m serious!

I’ve never had such a consumption rate of avocados, in the morning I’m looking forward to my dessert in the evening, in one sitting I always prepare enough for two days and even run to the grocery store come hail, storm and snow (well, we haven’t had any of these in the last weeks, but I’m sure I would).

Remains to be seen when exactly I will have had enough of it, but at the moment I am so full of avocado-chocolate-happiness (in fact I just had another helping) that I simply have to show you this recipe! 
And you are going to try it, no excuses, no backtalk.

My sister, possibly the biggest chocolate fan ever, critically tested it and considered it excellent, no authority on this planet can offer you a more discriminating taste check than this.

You possible have to stop by a natural foods store, but once purchased the ingredients will last for a while.




And now finally, let’s get started!


You will need:

1 ripe avocado
2-3 Tbsp pure cocoa powder
2 Tbsp blue agave syrup or 2-3 Tbsp honey (depending on sweetness)
1/2 Tbsp coconut oil

1. Gently heat coconut oil (double boiler or microwave) until completely liquid.

2. In the meantime puree avocado, cocoa powder and agave syrup with a mixer (all of you without a mixer: don’t worry! I don’t own one either, I just use a fork every day to mix up everything. Takes a bit longer, which should actually be done thoroughly, but it works just the same)

3. Add coconut oil, mix again (feel free to check the taste and possibly add sweetener etc.) and place into refrigerator for at least half an hour.

4. Now shout:”Yeah, done in three steps!”.

The longer you cool it the stiffer it is, not exactly like a classic mousse, but super creamy, to die for!



If you like to add some more fun, try the following:


Add while mixing:

2 Tbsp chia seeds
or
1 Tbsp cinnamon,
or
some vanilla extract,
or, for a change,
a little bit of cayenne pepper
or else my absolute favorite (!),
add a heaped Tbsp salted crunchy peanut butter; I never liked peanut butter, but THIS…. ooooh myyy god!



Topping Party, how about:

Fresh berries
Some melted or chopped semi-sweet chocolate
Chopped nuts
Coconut chips
Fruit puree
(Please enjoy this one to the max and sprinkle generously as you would with frozen yogurt)




Everything very simple, but because of its diversity I keep enjoying it. 
Just try things and create your own versions, have lots of fun and keep sending me your verdicts, or else upload your results to Instagram (mark me as @chillyjil), I always love seeing such posts!




Lots of love, 
Jil


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen